Otavalo and Imbabura Sightseeing Tour from Quito
- Discover the main attractions of Imbabura Province
- Visit the indigenous market in Otavalo
- Go to the sacred caldera lake of Cuicocha
Shop for souvenir textiles and traditional crafts at the Mercado de Ponchos, where the locals sell tagua nut jewelry, fake shrunken heads, hand-painted trays, spices, spools of wool and other interesting items under mushroom-shaped umbrellas.
Get back to nature at the Peguche waterfall, popular with the locals who go there to take a sacred bath on the eve of Inti Raymi. Continue towards the caldera lake of Cuicocha in the Cotacachi-Cayapas Reserve (excluding holidays) and get stunning views of the Cotacachi Volcano before driving back to Quito.
- Bilingual English and Spanish-speaking guide
- Ticket to the Quitsato Sundial
- Boat ride on San Pablo or Cuicocha lake, subject to availability
- Hike to the Peguche waterfall
- Mini snack
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
08:05 AM / Quinde visitors center - Plaza Grande (Venezuela St. and Espejo St. next to the Major's Palace). Venezuela and Espejo Streets are pedestrianized, the guide will walk there to your pick-up. 08:25 AM / La Mariscal - Plaza Foch (Reina Victoria St. between Calama St. and Foch St. Stop number 3 quito tour bus) 08:50 AM / Naciones Unidas Boulevard (Naciones Unidas ave. and Shyris ave. stop number 1 quito tour bus). Note: tour starts at 09:00 AM. Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.Open in Google Maps ⟶