Fly over spectacular alpine scenery on a 35-minute scenic helicopter flight over Queenstown. Get panoramic aerial views the awe-inspiring Skippers Canyon and Queenstown Basin, and make a dramatic landing on snow.
What to Expect
This 35-minute helicopter flight from Queenstown is a winning combination. Enjoy spectacular alpine scenery, including Skippers Canyon and the Queenstown Basin, and make a dramatic landing in the snow of one of the region’s stunning peaks, whatever the season.
Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters is Queenstown’s leading scenic helicopter flight company, built on a reputation of providing a high standard of professionalism and service.
Following a transfer from your hotel and safety briefing, climb aboard your helicopter and head for the skies! The landscapes you will fly over contain many stories of the natural and human history of New Zealand and the Southern Lakes. During your flight you will discover how glaciers and the movement of the earth’s crust formed New Zealand’s unique mountains and valleys over thousands of years.
Plenty of evidence also remains of the rich gold mining history left by Europeans and Chinese gold miners in the late 1800s. Today much of the landscape has become more recognizable through its use as film locations, and the tour can transport you to the land of films such as “The Lord of the Rings.” The expert pilots regularly work with film production crews, and will share plenty of stories of life on the movie set, as well as give a running commentary of the sights you will see.
A highlight of every tour is to make a dramatic landing on one of the region’s snow-capped peaks. Land on the roof of Queenstown and jump off to take photos of the snowy wilderness.
- Courtesy coach transfers from all Queenstown accommodations
- Qualified pilots and full safety briefing
- 35-minute helicopter flight with snow landing
- In-flight commentary to highlight the points of interest
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• You are strongly recommended to make your flight bookings in advance and at the start of your Queenstown itinerary to ensure you are not disappointed. If flights are cancelled due to adverse weather, Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters can transfer your booking to another day. Alternatively, if you would prefer, they will refund you in full
• If you cancel your reservation more than 24 hours from the departure time, a full refund will be made. Cancellations within 24 hours of the departure time will incur a 25% cancellation fee
• The away times (flight durations) specified in the flight tour itineraries are approximate and can be subject to weather conditions. On occasion, flight paths and landing locations may change at the pilot’s discretion. Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters will always keep you informed of any changes to the published information
• Please advise Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters in advance if you weigh over 220 pounds (100 kilos)