Queenstown to Mount Cook One-Way Day TourProduct ID: 24347
From $106 per personBook now
- Marvel at the awe-inspiring vastness of the Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park
- Be amazed at the natural beauty of the Kawarau River Gorge
- Take in the diverse sights of the rugged landscape of the Mackenzie Basin, the blue waters of Lake Dunstan, and the fruit-growing region of Cromwell
- Relax with morning tea in the quaint town of Omarama
- Choose to enjoy a delicious lunch at the world-famous Hermitage Hotel in Mount Cook Village
- Experience a bird's eye view with an optional scenic flight by helicopter or ski plane
- Listen to comprehensive English commentary by the driver guide, or listen to headsets provided in Spanish and Mandarin (Chinese)
- Opt for a Japanese-speaking guide at no extra cost
- Surf the net to your heart's content with free wifi on the coach
Sit back and take in the views from your coach with wifi as you are transported from Queenstown, through the historic gold-mining region, alongside the rugged Kawarau River Gorge, and past the famous fruit-growing region of Cromwell.
After passing the shores of Lake Dunstan and crossing the Lindis Pass, enjoy a relaxing stop in the quaint town of Omarama for morning tea (own expense).
Appreciate the distinctive geography of Mackenzie Country as you journey to the Mount Cook National Park. Be amazed at the majesty of New Zealand’s highest peak, Mount Cook, also known by its Maori name, Aoraki (Cloud Piercer). The park boasts more than 30 9,842-feet (3,000-meter) high peaks, and 5 of New Zealand's largest glaciers. It's a truly awe-inspiring landscape that will provide you with spectacular memories and photographs.
Your tour concludes on arrival at Mount Cook where you can take the opportunity to absorb the unforgettable views while you enjoy a freshly prepared lunch at the famous Hermitage Hotel (additional cost). For an additional treat, you can also take a scenic helicopter or ski plane flight to get a real bird's-eye view of the rugged yet beautiful terrain (own expense and weather permitting).
Onward travel options include continuing on to Christchurch (tour GS72) or returning to Queenstown (tour GS73).
This tour will give you sights and lifelong memories to treasure forever, as well as photographs to wow your friends and family back home.
The tour includes comprehensive English commentary by the driver guide while headsets are provided in Spanish and Mandarin (Chinese). A Japanese-speaking guide is available on request at no additional cost. Please advise at the time of booking.
- Half-day sightseeing tour (one way from Queenstown to Mount Cook)
- Pick-up from selected hotels in Queenstown
- Knowledgeable local driver guide
- Free wifi on the coach
- Return journey
- Food and Beverages
- Scenic Helicopter or Ski Plane Flight (Weather Permitting)
Athol Street in the middle of the parking lot. A complimentary pick-up service is provided from selected Queenstown hotels. Please contact the Tour Operator for pick-up times. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 24347