Discover the spectacular locations of Middle Earth on a 4WD discovery tour from Queenstown. Visit all "Lord of the Rings" locations in Queenstown and Arrowtown on a small group, expertly-guided half-day tour that includes gold panning and afternoon tea.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pick-up and drop off from central Queenstown accommodation is included. Surround suburbs (Kelvin Heights, Frankton, Arthur's Point, Fernhill and others) by arrangement. Please contact the local operator after booking to confirm pick-up details.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Visit spectacular locations where scenes from "The Lord Of the Rings" were filmed
- Recognise sights from the famous trilogy and your guide will provide insights into the stories behind the scenes
- Travel the Skippers Canyon Road to Lighthouse Rock and marvel at spectacular views over the Wakatipu Basin
- Experience a true off-road adventure near Arrowtown as you follow a historic gold mining road
- Pick-up and drop off from town center or central Queenstown accommodation
- Transport in 6-seater 4WD Land Rover or Land Cruiser
- Experienced local driver-guide
- Informative and engaging commentary in English
- Gold panning experience
- Afternoon tea
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Know before you go
- Operates in all weather conditions - please dress appropriately for the weather on the day
- Not a lot of walking is required and you have the option of staying in or near the vehicle if you wish at any of the stops
- The activity requires a minimum of 2 participants to operate (minimum of 4 on New Zealand public holidays). In the unlikely event that this is not reached you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.