From Queenstown: Shotover River Whitewater Rafting Adventure
- Climb aboard a 4x4 to travel from the rafting base, through Skippers Canyon, and to the take-off point
- Tackle thrilling, grades 3-5 whitewater rapids on the iconic Shotover River
- Raft through the darkness of the historic, 550-foot Oxenbridge Tunnel
- Add an extra level of excitement with an optional helicopter ride
Begin your whitewater rafting adventure from Deep Creek. Cruise over peaceful waters before heading towards the exhilarating rapids of the lower canyon. Feel the adrenaline pumping as you paddle through the rapids and into the darkness of the historic, 550-foot Oxenbridge Tunnel before shooting over Cascade Rapid to complete your adventure.
For a real thrill, opt to include a one-way scenic helicopter flight over the famous Skippers Canyon. Check in at the shop in central Queenstown and you'll be taken to the raft base at Arthurs Point to gear up. A shuttle bus will then transport you to the helipad halfway up the Coronet Peak access road. Hop aboard the helicopter and glide through the narrow canyon to meet your fellow rafters at the take-off point.
- Round-trip transfers between Queenstown and the rafting base
- 4x4 transfer
- Experienced rafting guides
- Extensive safety briefing
- All rafting and safety equipment
- Access to hot showers
- One-way 7 to 10-minute helicopter transfer (if option selected)
- Children under 13 years
- Pregnant women
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your trip departure at the following address: 35 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand. Please note that the meeting point will change during the following periods: • October 22 to May 31: 37 Camp street, Queenstown • June 1 to September 30: Go Orange Kiosk, Steamer Wharf, QueenstownOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Rafters must be water-confident, able to swim in fast-moving water, and agree to carefully follow guides' instructions.
• This activity is not suitable for those under 13 years of age, under 88 pounds, or over 260 pounds, nor for those who have a heart condition or are taking heart medication, nor for pregnant women.
• Rafters under 16 years must be accompanied by a guardian and rafters under 18 years must have a waiver form signed by a guardian.
• Participation in rafting activities involves a degree of risk and the rafting operator cannot absolutely guarantee participants' safety.
• The local partner reserves the right to refuse participation and cancel or amend any trips due to insufficient numbers or river, road, or weather conditions in the interest of all rafters’ safety.