Raft the famous Shotover River on thrilling, grade 3 to 5 whitewater rapids on a half-day trip from Queenstown. Experience Skippers Canyon's daunting cliff edges and gold-mining history by 4x4.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Climb aboard a 4x4 to travel from the rafting base, through Skippers Canyon, and to the take-off point
- Tackle thrilling, grades 3-5 whitewater rapids on the iconic Shotover River
- Raft through the darkness of the historic, 550-foot Oxenbridge Tunnel
- Round-trip transfers between Queenstown and the rafting base
- 4x4 transfer
- Experienced rafting guides
- Extensive safety briefing
- All rafting and safety equipment
- Access to hot showers
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Children under 13 years
- Pregnant women
- People with heart problems
- People under 88 lbs (40 kg)
- People over 264 lbs (120 kg)
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your trip departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
Know before you go
- All participants must sign a waiver form.
- Rafters must be water-confident, able to swim in fast-moving water, and agree to carefully follow guides' instructions.
- This activity is not suitable for those under 13 years of age, under 88 pounds, or over 260 pounds, nor for those who have a heart condition or are taking heart medication, nor for pregnant women.
- Rafters under 16 years must be accompanied by a guardian and rafters under 18 years must have a waiver form signed by a guardian.
- Participation in rafting activities involves a degree of risk and the rafting operator cannot absolutely guarantee participants' safety.
- The local partner reserves the right to refuse participation and cancel or amend any trips due to insufficient numbers or river, road, or weather conditions in the interest of all rafters’ safety.