From Queenstown: Milford Sound Full-Day TourProduct ID: 24150
From $172 per personBook now
- Enjoy a tour through New Zealand's serene Fiordland National Park
- Relax and take in the stunning scenery on a cruise on the fiord
- Journey through Eglinton Valley with its ancient alpine forests and stunning waterfalls
- See the reflection of the Earl Mountains in the Mirror Lakes
- Marvel at the imposing yet beautiful Mitre Peak
- Visit the town of Te Anau on the shores of the south island's largest lake
- Travel through the Homer Tunnel, which connects the valley of the Hollyford River with the Cleddau River
- Observe the weird and wonderful rock formations at The Chasm
- Choose from 5 tasty lunch options
- Benefit from commentary in English, Spanish, Mandarin, and Japanese
Head to the park and gaze upon the beauty of the fiord–from its dramatic mountains, steep cliffs, and dense rainforest, to its valleys, meandering rivers, and cascading waterfalls. Despite being one of the most accessible fiords for tourists, Milford Sound retains its tranquil and serene qualities.
Journey across the Southern Alps and travel through the .75-mile (1.2-kilometer) Homer Tunnel, an experience in itself. When you exit the tunnel's darkness the vision of the scenery before you is breathtaking. Continue on to Eglinton Valley, where ancient alpine forests and gushing waterfalls abound.
Admire the Earl Mountains and their reflections at the stunning Mirror Lakes, then walk across The Chasm, looking down at the unique rock formations that the Cleddau River has scoured over the years.
At the deep waters of Milford Sound, board your Southern Discoveries Scenic Cruise. Over the course of 1.75 hours, see the wonders of Mitre Peak, the iconic mountain that looms just over a mile high above the water, alongside glacier-carved rock walls and waterfalls that tumble through valleys and crash into the sea.
Choose from 5 optional extra lunches to purchase, including a buffet, gourmet picnic, Indian style meal, Japanese obento, or snackbox lunch. Take advantage of the multi-lingual commentary in English, along with headsets in Spanish and Mandarin. A Japanese-speaking guide is available on request at no additional cost. Please advise at the time of booking.
- Sightseeing Tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop off at selected hotels in Queenstown
- Knowledgeable local driver guide
Athol Street in the middle of the garage. A complimentary pick-up service is provided from selected Queenstown hotels. Please contact the tour operator for pick-up times. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 24150