Enjoy bird’s eye views of the Dominican Republic on a 12-hour day trip to the Samana peninsula. Fly below the clouds over a lush, tropical landscape filled with coconut trees. Explore a tropical forest on land, and savor delicious fruits and more.
What to Expect
Start the day with an exciting flight below the clouds in a turboprop aircraft to Samana. Get a bird’s eye view of the endless beaches along the east coast, as well as the majestic Bay of Samana. Look down at the dramatic mountain range of the Sierra de Samana.
Upon landing, transfer to a sturdy safari truck to visit a typical Dominican ranch. Here, your guide will introduce you to the many agricultural products found in this fertile area, such as coffee, cacao, fruits, and plants. Taste everything offered to experience the fresh flavors of the peninsula.
Next, venture into the tropical forest, for a short horseback riding tour along the River Arroyo Chico. Ride through dense vegetation that will captivate your senses. Ultimately, the trail leads to the picturesque Limon Waterfall, an impressive 165-foot drop of fresh water right in the middle of the jungle. Splash yourself in the refreshing waters of the lagoons at the base of the waterfall.
Enjoy a sea view buffet lunch at El Timon, and take in the panoramic view of the Bay of Samana. Spend the afternoon in a more laid back mood. Journey to Cayo Levantado by comfortable motorboat. Once on the island, make use of the white sandy beaches and warm turquoise with swimming and snorkeling activities, or relax with a cocktail on a paradise beach.
- Round-trip transfers and flights (Punta Cana - Samana)
- Visit to a typical ranch
- Coffee, hot chocolate, fruits, honey, and casabe tastings
- Horseback riding with helmet, boots, guide, and refreshments
- Access to the National Park El Limon and waterfalls
- All inclusive lunch at El Timon restaurant
- Boat ride to Cayo Levantado
- Drinks in Cayo Levantado
- City tour of Santa Barbara de Samana
- All transfers in Samana and Punta Cana / Bavaro
- Official guides from the National Tourism Guides Association
Meet at the Riu meeting point (Naiboa y Macao), Riu Bambu, Punta Cana y Bavario (Recepcion)
Know Before You Go
• Please bring sun block, your camera, a towel, and money for souvenirs