Catalina Island Scuba Diving Tour from Punta Cana
From $174.99 per personBook now
- Enjoy the cool breeze, light refreshments and entertainment on board a catamaran to Catalina Island
- Enjoy a dive at ‘The Wall’ on the east side of Catalina Island, which is close to Captain Kidd's shipwreck of 1699
- Have a dive at 'The Aquarium' on the west side of Catalina Island, which is know for it's rich marine life
- Experience the most vibrant and beautiful underwater ecosystems around the Dominican Republic
- Explore the island’s white sandy beaches, relax under the palm trees, or snorkel off the beach
- See stingrays, seahorses, vase sponges, fire coral, trumpet fish, green parrotfish, tiger moray eel, grey angelfish and more
- Enjoy a barbecue lunch on the beach
- Enjoy unlimited alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages served at a bar on the island over looking the ocean
After the overview you will leave the marina, setting a course for the east side of 'Catalina Island' to the first dive site known as 'The Wall' which caters to novice and expert divers. This dive site has depths from 5 meters (16 feet) to 40+ meters (131+ feet). Life jackets will be available to anyone who requires one. The dive team will be available if you require any help to prepare for your first dive.
Enjoy just under an hour of diving to discover the true beauty of the 'Wall'. You can expect clear turquoise waters, incredible visibility and an amazing underwater ecosystem. Things to look out for during your dive include vase sponge, sea fan coral, octopus, porcupine fish, moray eel, scorpion fish, southern stingray, blue parrot fish, lion fish, sea horse and more. The dive team will be available to help guide you through the underwater paradise.
After 'The Wall' you will head to the second dive site, 'The Aquarium'. Enjoy just under an hour of diving to discover the true beauty of the 'Aquarium', which has depths from 8 meters (26 feet) to 12+ meters (39+ feet). Things to look out for during your dive include; vase sponge, tube worm, spiny lobster, sand star, frog fish, trumpet fish, barracuda, mackerel, tiger moray eel and more.
After scuba diving you will head to a private beach on Catalina Island where you will enjoy an incredible Dominican feast prepared by renowned local chef nicknamed 'Bobby'. You can expect to taste fresh lobster caught that morning (VIP package only), pork, chicken, salads, pasta and local fruits all prepared in a hygienic kitchen.
After lunch relax in paradise. A range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic refreshments will be available as you relax and enjoy yourself on the beach. Snorkeling equipment will be available at the bar, so you can enjoy the amazing snorkel sites off the beach. The rest of the afternoon will be yours to relax, to listen to the waves breaking on the shore, to snorkel in the clear turquoise waters or to enjoy the open bar and the cool breeze looking over the ocean.
After your time on the beach is complete you will head back to the marina. During the return trip you can enjoy light refreshments at the bar and music prepared by the entertainment team. At 4 pm you will arrive at the marina where a bus will be waiting to take you back to your Punta Cana or Bavaro hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Catamaran boat ride
- Full diving equipment, including 2 tanks and weight belts
- Access to private beach on Catalina Island
- National Park admission to Catalina Island
- Professional PADI dive masters
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Dominican BBQ lunch (lobster included in VIP package)
- Unlimited drinks (open bar)
- Beach lounger
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Speciality beers (available to purchase)
Pick-up from any hotels in Punta Cana and Bavaro. Look out for the bus with a "Passion Paradise Adventures" sign in the window. A tour representative will look for you either outside the main entrance or in the main lobby of your hotel. Once all guests have been picked up from their hotel, you will head towards La Romana marina to board the boat. Pick-up time will be confirmed on receipt of your hotel details. (Open in Google Maps)
• Minimum age is 13 years
• Minimum drinking age is 18 years
• Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
• Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
• Please note that there are no refunds for cancellations of less than 24 hours notice, or if you do not turn up at the pick-up point at the specified time
• Can accommodate passengers with disabilities. Please contact local supplier to make all necessary arrangements.
• Not recommended for pregnant women and participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• Subject to favorable weather condition
Product ID: 59826