Old Pune Private Walking TourProduct ID: 61178
From US$126 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePlease advice the complete address of pick up location while booking.
- Enjoy stories about Lal Mahal, the site where Chhatrapati Shivaji lived
- Wander the streets of Old Pune and feel like you are in a Bollywood movie
- Discover some of the live community workshops
- Visit the famous Dagdusheth Ganpati, the richest temple in the city
- Explore Tulshibaug, and see the tall shikara of this traditional Vaishnavite temple
Another highlight is Nana Wada, the estate of Nana Phadnavis, chief administrator of the Peshwa rulers of Pune. The estate now houses a school. Lal Mahal, the site where Chhatrapati Shivaji lived, and Tulshibaug, with its tall shikara, are also not to be missed.
There are many other highlights besides these points, and the tour ends at Vishrambaug Wada, built by the last Peshwa Baji Rao II as a house of leisure. If you’d like to take back a souvenir from the walk, there’s a small shop inside Vishrambaug run by a local NGO that sells eco-friendly handcrafted garments, ornaments and bags.
- Private guide
- Personal chauffeur with air-conditioned car
- Walking tour of Old Pune
- Visit to Shaniwar wada and other attractions
- Fuel, parking, surcharge and government taxes
- Hotel/airport pick-up and drop off
- Anything not mentioned above
- Entrance tickets
• You have to take off your shoes if you wish to enter places of worship
• This is a great tour for those interested in photography
Product ID: 61178