Enjoy a Grade 2 rafting adventure, with amazing scenery and a riverside lunch. The Rangitikei River is ideal for first-timers and those looking for an exhilarating trip to suit the whole family.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
River Valley Lodge (32km from Taihape). If you are using a GPS then the co-ordinates are – South 39°37-800 East 176°02-583 – however, using GPS is not recommended as it does not take you on the easiest route. If you are traveling South, turn left at the River Valley signpost, 18km after Waiouru. If you are traveling North, use the Gretna Hotel in Taihape as your starting point, with the Gretna Hotel on your left. The 32km drive will last around 35 minutes after taking you through some of New Zealand’s finest and most picturesque hill country. Please follow the regular signs to River Valley. After turning off State Highway 1, you will cross two bridges coming from Waiouru, and three bridges coming from Taihape. The last 1.5 kilometers are gravel and take you to the Lodge at the end of Mangahoata Road.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
Know before you go
- This tour is suitable for children (as long as they are big enough to fit in the child-size equipment)
- This tour is also suitable for older, or less active participants.
- A minimum of 2 adults, or 1 adult and 2 children is required for this trip to run.