Incredible Royal Dolphin Swim experience in Puerto Plata, The Dominican Republic. Guests interact, swim and play with two dolphins one on one in their own marine environment for a full hour!
What to Expect
Come to Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic and experience The Royal Dolphin Swim. It is the newest and most exciting dolphin interactive program at Ocean World!
Participants of the new program will have the unique opportunity to participate in a 60 minute swim session with 2 beautiful bottlenose dolphins.
The Royal Swim experience begins with a brief orientation then guests enter the water to learn about dolphin behaviour.
Taking the experience one step further, guests are able to not just encounter, but kiss, hug, pet, and feed dolphins in deep water for half an hour. Afterwards the session continues on the beach area for an additional half hour more. Here guests can interact with dolphins one on one in their own environment.
Playing ball with the dolphins, taking a pectoral ride and a foot-push with a boogey board are all fun features of this fantastic experience.
The Royal Swim program also includes the Day Pass at Ocean World Adventure Park, including all of its attractions, as well as convenient round trip bus transfer from nearby hotels. Boasting the largest man-made dolphin habitat in the world, Ocean World is a must-see attraction for everyone visiting the Dominican Republic.
Ocean World visitors have the opportunity to snorkel in the Tropical Reef Aquarium, learn about marine mammals, feed exotic tropical birds, walk through a tropical rain forest, visit the pirate pool, slide down the waterslides, and observe the Dolphin Show, Shark Show, Sea Lions Show and Tropical Bird Show. Guests also have free access to the dolphin beach and much more! Lunch is included.
- 1-hour dolphin encounter program, preceded by a lecture on dolphins
- Round trip bus transfer from nearby hotels
- Snorkeling in Tropical Reef Aquarium
- Usage of Dolphin Beach (lounge chairs are included)
- Observation of Sea Lion Show, Dolphin Show, Shark Show & Tropical Bird Show
- Observation of all interactive programs
- Pirates pool
- Rainforest, bird exhibit and habitat of iguanas
What's Not Included
- Transportation from hotels outside Puerto Plata (US $5 surcharge for clients in hotels in Sosua and Cabarete. US $10 surcharge for clients in hotels in Luperon, Rio San Juan and Playa Grande)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Make sure to bring bathing suit, towel, sun block, and additional money for buying pictures and souvenirs
• A prior shower is required before interacting with the dolphins
• No camera or glasses allowed in the water
• Pregnant women not allowed on this program
• Children under 11 years old must be accompanied by an adult (18 years +)
• Participants must not wear jewellery on their hands, neck and ears to avoid harming the animal
• Participants must be able to swim and must use lifejackets, these are provided