Puerto Limon: City Highlights and Cahuita National Park Tour
Pickup optionalPickup only for selected hotels in Puerto Limon: Hotel Acon, Park Hotel, Playa Westfalia, Maribú Caribe, and Hotel Miami. Please be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Enjoy guided hike around Cahuita National Park and take a dip in the sea
- Discover the plentiful wildlife of the Tortuguero Canals on a boat cruise
- Visit Limon's highlights to learn about the local culture, economy, and lifestyle
Take the scenic road and see the city of Puerto Limon from a viewpoint. Snap some pictures of the capital city and the ship docks.
Explore the Tortuguero Canals on a 1.5-hour boat ride. Under the shade of the boat’s ceiling, your tour guide will point you to the different plants and animals in the area, and you'll learn about its biodiversity.
Learn more about tropical plants and their fruits. You'll be able to see the actual plants and trees, and also taste some of these delicious fruits at a rustic fruit stand on the way to Cahuita.
Stop outside a banana plantation and get to know the process of cultivating, harvesting, and shipping the fruit. Understand how bananas are a big part of Costa Rican economy, with Limon being central to this activity.
Enjoy a 1.5-hour walk across the beautiful Cahuita National Park where you'll get to see even more animals and exotic plants. If the weather is nice, you can also take a dip in the sea.
You will also have a stop to take a look at local products at the supermarket. Choose to take some Costa Rican coffee or other local goods home to remember your trip by.
- Pickup and drop-off from selected hotels in Puerto Limon (if option selected)
- Pickup and drop-off from meeting point Point (if option selected)
- Multilingual guide
- Bottled water (600 ml)
- Juice (350 ml)
- Fruit tasting
- Entrance fees
- Lunch stop
- Other foods and drink not mentioned
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Go towards Vargas Park and look out for your guide on the sidewalk facing the cruise terminal, who will be holding a sign with the logo "Relax Day Tours". Directions for cruise ship passengers: go to the entrance of the cruise ship terminal in Puerto Limon. Walk 150 meters (160 yards) from the ship towards the Vargas Park. Go through the crosswalk until you reach the public street after crossing the exit gates.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
• Entrance is not permitted to the banana plantation due to regulations, you will see it from the outside only