Puerto Aventuras: 6-Day Cavern and Intro to Cave Course
From $1,250 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceFor Playa del Carmen pick-up please advise the operator in advance of the name of your resort and your room number. The meeting point will be outside your hotel at 07:30 on the days of your course.
- Get professional instruction toward certification in cave and cavern diving
- Learn how to safely deal with most emergency situations in overhead environments
- Navigate along established cavern lines and cave lines
Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula, with its hundreds of cenotes, caverns, and cave passages, is an ideal site for recreational and full cave divers as well as explorers. Puerto Aventuras is the hub for all cavern and cave training in the area and the nearest training sites are just a 10-minute ride away.
The Cavern portion of the performance-based course normally requires 3 days to complete and is followed by the Intro to Cave course, which then requires an additional 2 days.
Both courses are a combination of theoretical knowledge buildup and practical application. Your instructor will be a very experienced, well-established professional, who will guide you through all the steps in both courses.
During the training program you’ll visit at least 4 different cenotes in both the open water and Cavern and Intro to Cave sections.
Once you have completed this training you’ll be ready to either book guided cave dives or enroll in the full cave course program to become a fully independent and trained cave diver.
- Round-trip transportation from Planet Scuba Mexico in Puerto Aventuras to the cenotes
- Cenote admission fees
- 8 Cavern and Intro to Cave dives and training sessions
- Drinking water
- Gourmet sandwich
- Professional, experienced, and multi-lingual Cavern and Intro to Cave instructor
- Transportation to the dive center (free pick-up in Puerto Aventuras; USD 10.00 round-trip from Playa del Carmen)
- Full cave equipment (available for rent at USD 30.00 per day)
- Guaranteed certification (Courses are taught at a professional level and are performance based. You pay for training, not for guaranteed certification. If extra training days or sessions are necessary to meet performance requirements, they can be added at a cost of USD 250.00 per day.)
Planet Scuba Mexico Calle Bahia Xcacel 18 (road leading to the Dreams Resort, next to the Latitude 20 restaurant) Puerto Aventuras 77750 (Open in Google Maps)
• Certification to at least PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
• Prior double tank diving experience (If you have no prior experience in double tank diving, the 2-day Intro to Tech course must be completed before you begin your Cavern amd Intro to Cave training
• Good overall health (Prior to diving you will need to fill out the standard PADI medical questionnaire along with other standardized PADI or TDI forms.)
• A wait of a minimum of 18 hours after diving before flying home
Product ID: 48796