Prague: Wine Tasting Tour
From $44 per personBook now
- Learn the history of wine from the times of ancient Egypt to the present day
- Get to know how wine made its way to the Bohemian Kingdom and why Charles IV had such a tremendous impact on winemaking
- See original maps and paintings from the medieval ages which will reveal why Prague was called the "City of Wine"
- Visit one of the most famous wine bars in Prague and taste 5 local wines
During this pleasant walk through the city center, your guide will point out places which were closely connected to wine and together you will look into the laws which winemakers in medieval Prague had to follow and what privileges and prerogatives they had been given. On many original pictures and maps of medieval Prague, your guide will explain why Prague was once called the "City of Wine" and what caused the final decrease of winemaking in 19th century.
Several tales about the competition between Prague’s famous wine bars will follow before you make your way into one of the most famous Prague wine bars and taste 5 local wines grown in the Bohemian and Moravian region.
- Professional guide
- Winetasting of 5 local wines
- Brochure of the best wine bars in Prague
- Gratuities (optional)
The meeting point for this tour is at Křižovnické náměstí (small square in front of the Charles Bridge). Your guide is going to wait in front of the statue of Charles IV holding a sign. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 68833