Charles IV & the Making of Prague Historical Walking Tour
From $61.85 per personBook now
- Explore Prague through the story of its time as the center of the Holy Roman Empire
- Learn about the 14th-century Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV
- Admire fantastic Baroque architecture in the Old Town
- See the sites that influenced Mozart
- Hear about Prague's resistance to the Nazis, and the later Velvet Revolution
- Cross the enigmatic Charles Bridge
- Climb up to Prague Castle for fantastic city views and views of the Vltava River
Starting in Prague's Old Town, famous for its mix of medieval and baroque architecture, discover the Carolinum, a complex that encompasses the first university in central Europe, founded by Charles IV in 1348. Learn about the architecture and decoration at the time, as well as the traditions that developed and influenced Mozart. Learn about the resistance to the Nazis, and the Velvet Revolution.
Next walk across the enigmatic Charles Bridge, where you can learn about the plans Charles IV had for Prague's growth, including New Town Prague. Hike up the hill to Prague Castle for fantastic views of the Vltava River. End with a guided tour of Prague Castle, and learn about the enhancements that Charles IV made during his reign.
- 3-hour walking tour
- Visits to the Old Town Square, Prague Castle, St. Vitus Cathedral, Charles Bridge and Carolinum
- Entrance to Prague Castle
- Food and beverages
- Gratuity (optional)
Meet up at the castle, directly in front of a large map located on the corner of U Prašného mostu and Marianske hradby. You can take tram number 22 and alight at Pražský hrad, just in front of the map and close to the Riding School, which has a cafe and toilets.
• Children under 12 are not encouraged to attend the shared group tour. Children are encouraged to accompany a private tour
• The tour can be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to the walk, with an 85% refund. Within 48 hours all reservations are final and cannot be refunded
• Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with the docent, please call to alert so that a message can be relayed to the docent. No shows are treated as last-minute cancellations and are non-refundable. Cancellations within 2 business days need to be made directly with the Context Travel local offices by calling them directly (or on the emergency number provided). Cancellations made via email or by calling the U.S. 800 number may not be honored
Product ID: 27711