Explore the historic towns of Kutná Hora and Žďár nad Sázavou in Central Bohemia on a 10-hour tour from Prague. Visit the Sedlec Ossuary and see the bone chapel beneath the Cemetery Church of All Saints. Learn about the pilgrims of Zelená Hora, and more.
What to Expect
Discover the historic towns of Central Bohemia on a full-day tour from Prague. Following a pick-up from your hotel, transfer by minivan to the Sedlec Ossuary, one of 12 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the Czech Republic.
Marvel at the walls made of human bones beneath the oldest Cistercian cathedral in Bohemia. Then, continue to Kutná Hora to visit St. Barbara’s Cathedral and the Church of St. Jacob. Admire the façade of one of Central Europe's most famous Gothic cathedrals, and enjoy a lunch of typical Czech cuisine.
Next, transfer to Zelená Hora to learn how the Church of St. Jan of Nepomuk became a site of pilgrimage. Go to Ždár nad Sázavou, popular with locals for both summer and winter sports, and learn about the extraordinary architect, Jan Blažej Santini-Aichel, whose major works represent the unique Baroque Gothic style
Get to know the life of the Cistercian monks as you enter the personal house of an abbot, and explore the Basilica of the Assumption of Virgin Mary and St. Nicholas. See the dormitories where the monks sleep. End at the picturesque Renaissance chateau of Červená Lhota, constructed in the 14th century in the middle of a lake on a rocky island.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- Cool water and free Wi-Fi on board the minivan
- Local guide
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Know Before You Go
• Please note that this tour requires a current valid passport on the day of travel
• Please advise of any specific dietary requirements on booking
• The tour involves a moderate amount of walking
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability