Cycle along the banks of the Vltava and Berounka rivers on an 8-hour bike tour from Prague to Karlstejn Castle. Marvel at the Czech countryside and Gothic fortress built by King Karel IV. Take an optional guided tour of the castle’s interior.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Prague on a full-day bike tour to Karlstejn Castle, and marvel at the Czech countryside as you bike out of the city’s southwestern suburbs.
Cycle to one of the Czech Republic’s most popular castles in approximately 3.5-4 hours. Enjoy the flat terrain as you bike along the banks of 2 rivers. Depart Prague at 09:30, and pass through several scenic villages along the way. Stop at panoramic view points and to enjoy refreshments.
Upon arrival at Karlstejn village (population 800), stop for lunch in a traditional Czech restaurant. Then, take a short 15-minute stroll to the castle grounds. Your guide will tell you the history of the castle as well as the life of Karel IV, and will show you around the exterior. Take an optional 55-minute guided tour of the castle interior (own expense) to see relics from King Karel’s life.
Return to Prague by train, and relax on the 40-minute journey back to the city center.
- Guided bike ride from Prague to Karlstejn Castle
- English-speaking guide
- Karlstejn Castle exterior excursion
- Quality bike rental and insurance
- Water bottle on the bike
- Helmets, baskets and bungee cords
- City map
- Storage of your belongings at the bike office
- Train ride back to Prague
- Warm gloves in cold weather
- Rain poncho
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and beverages
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the cost of lunch is not included in the tour price. Average price for lunch is about EUR 8
• This tour has almost no hills but does require a certain basic fitness level and bike riding skills
• Please wear comfortable or sport clothing and shoes
• Bring anything extra you might need for a day out (cereal snack, sport drink), based on your individual requirements
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Cancellation is possible up to 48 hours in advance
• Tours are provided in English. Tours in other languages are offered on request
• The minimum number of participants is 3 people. You can reserve a tour for 1 person but you will be merged with another group (by arrangement with you)