Visit the birthplace of Poland on a full-day tour of Poznań and Tumski Island. Walk down streets lined with handsome baroque and Renaissance architecture and admire the baroque Franciscan Church of St. Anthony, and the 20th-century palace of Cezar Castle.
What to Expect
Travel back in time to the birth of Poland on a full-day tour of Poznań and Tumski Island. Make your way to Poznań Rail Station and meet your guide on arrival. They will lead you through the heart of the Wielkopolska Region of central Poland on a fascinating tour of the Old Town of Poznań and Tumski Island, the birthplace of Poland in 966 when it was settled by Slavic Slezan tribes.
Upon arrival, explore Tumski Island, often referred to as “Cathedral Island” and the center of religious activity in Wroclaw since the 10th century. After visiting the gothic cathedral of St. John The Baptist, built on the base of an earlier 10th-century church, cross Chrobry Bridge to enter the magnificent Old Town of Poznań.
Famous for its Renaissance Town Hall, dominating Market Square, Poznań has many historic buildings, especially along the so-called Royal-Imperial Route. Stroll along streets of magnificent structures to discover the baroque church of St. Anthony of Padua, otherwise known as the Franciscan Church. View a miniature model to see what Poznań looked like in the middle ages, complete with sound effects.
Walk to Freedom Square to admire 19th-century architecture and see the National Museum, Raczynski Library, historic Hotel Bazar, and Arcadia building. Continue along the city’s most important street of St. Martin to the early 20th-century palace of Cezar Castle, where the guided tour ends.
- Poznań city guide for 3 hours
- Transfer from Tumski Island to Poznań Rail Station
What's Not Included
- Return train tickets Wroclaw - Poznań, EUR 18 per person. To be bought by customer at Wroclaw Main Rail Station
- Entrance fee to Museum of Poznań History, EUR 2,50 per person (closed Monday)
- Ticket for the model of old Poznań with sound effects EUR 4 per person
Know Before You Go
• Meet your guide on the platform at Poznań Main Rail Station
• Please choose a language of your tour when booking