Travel back in time to visit the first capital of the Polish state and continue to the oldest settlement in Poland. Tour Gniezno, Biskupin, and Wenecja, three treasures of the historic Wielkopolska region. Ride a narrow gauge train to the Pearl of Pałuki.
What to Expect
Discover the historic Wielkopolska Region of west-central Poland on a full-day tour from Poznan. The 8-hour sightseeing trip takes you into the heart of Greater Poland to visit 3 of its most spectacular treasures.
Departing from Poznan, you will drive to Gniezno, the first capital and cradle of the Polish state. Explore the Cathedral, famous for its bronze Romanesque doors that depict scenes from St. Adalbert’s life, and for the pure silver coffin of St. Wojciech.
Continue to Biskupin, the oldest settlement in Poland. Dating back to the 8th century BC, it is now a superb open-air museum that recreates a life-size model of an Iron Age fortified settlement.
After lunch, climb on board a narrow gauge railway and ride to the beautiful village of Wenecja, fondly known as the “Pearl of Pałuki.” You will visit the fabulous Narrow Gauge Train Museum, which boasts a stylish waiting room and many kinds of old locomotives and carriages. But don’t depart until you have heard the legend of the Wenecja devil, and seen the ruins of his castle on the banks of the lake.
- English or German-speaking local guide in Biskupin
- Train from Biskupin to Wenecja
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation during the tour
What's Not Included
- Entrance fee to Gniezno Cathedral (3 EUR per person)
- Entrance fee to Biskupin Settlement Museum (EUR 3 per person)
- Entrance fee to Narrow Gauge Train Museum (EUR 2,50 per person)
Know Before You Go
• Please choose the tour language you require when booking