3-Hour Tour of Potsdam: Prussian Power, Politics & Palaces
From $521.85 per personBook now
- Wander the medieval streets of Potsdam and discover the Baroque palaces of Prussian kings
- Learn about Potsdam's national and international accalaim as the former capital of the Kingdom of Prussia
- Hear about significant events, such as the proclamation of the Edict of Potsdam and the post-war meetings of Truman, Churchill and Stalin
- See stunning architecture, such as the ornate Orangery, Brandenburg Gate and vast New Palace in Sanssouci Park
It is a customizable private tour where your guide will instruct you about 17th century Potsdam and the role it played to Prussian electors and kings. Learn about court society, the function of the military, and how public authorities conducted their business.
Wander the medieval city streets, where Baroque influences can be seen in the elaborate architecture, such as the Orangery, Brandenburg Gate and vast New Palace in Sans Souci Park. And learn how Potsdam played a pivotal role in national and international politics, such as the meetings between Truman, Churchill and Stalin at the end of World War 2 to decide on Europe's fate.
Please note that this excursion does not include entry into the interior of Sans Souci.
- Private 3-hour walking tour
- Transportation between Potsdam and Berlin (S-Bahn Ticket ABC)
- Food and beverages
- Gratuity (optional)
Meet your docent at Potsdam Main Station (Potsdam Hauptbanhof), just outside the western entrance and exit (labeled for Lange Brücke). Take the S7 S-bahn line to Potsdam. Some well know stations where the S7 can be picked up in central Berlin are Alexanderplatz, Hackescher Markt, Friedrichstraße, and Hauptbahnhof.
• Context walks can be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to the walk with an 85% refund. Within 48 hours all reservations are final and cannot be refunded
• Walks are held rain or shine, with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with the docent, please call Context so that they can relay the message to the docent. No shows are treated as last-minute cancellations and are non-refundable. Cancellations within 2 business days need to be made directly with the local offices, by calling them directly (or on the emergency number provided). Cancellations made via email or by calling the U.S. 800 number may not be honored.
Product ID: 27723