Postojna Cave & Predjama Castle Half-Day Tour
Pickup includedPick-up available from: Grand Hotel Union Business, Mikloshicheva cesta 3, Ljubljana 1000 Slovenia - Hotel Lev, Voshnjakova ulica 1, Ljubljana 1000 Slovenia - InterContinental Ljubljana, Slovenska cesta 59, Ljubljana 1000 - Hotel Cubo, Slovenska cesta 15 Slovenska Cesta 15, Ljubljana 1000 - City Hotel Ljubljana, Dalmatinova ulica 15, Ljubljana 1000 - Central Hotel, Mikloshicheva cesta 9, Ljubljana 1000 - M Hotel, Dercheva ulica 4, Ljubljana 1000 Slovenia - Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana, Dunajska cesta 154, Ljubljana 1000 - Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Ljubljana, Bratislavska cesta 8, Ljubljana - Hotel Nox, Celovska Cesta 469, Ljubljana 1000 Slovenia - Four Points by Sheraton Ljubljana Mons, Pot za Brdom 4, Ljubljana 1000 - B&B Hotel Ljubljana Park, Tabor 9, Ljubljana 1000 Slovenia - Hotel Meksiko, Njegosheva cesta 6K, Ljubljana 1000 Slovenia - STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Center), Krekov Trg 10 - Levstik square (Levstikov Trg) - French Revolution Square (Trg Francoske Revolucije)
- Experience the famous Postojna Cave
- Explore the magnificent Predjama Castle
- Admire beautiful stalactites and stalagmites
On arrival, choose to tour the fortress either with your guide or independently. Explore the chambers, linked by winding staircases, and marvel at the collection of historical artifacts, from antique armaments to old artworks and furnishings. Learn of the infamous rebel knight, Erazem of Predjama, who lived here in the 15th century, and hear about the tunnel of Erazem, the secret passage used when the castle was besieged.
After around an hour, continue to Postojna Cave, roughly 15-minutes away. Part of one of the Slovenian Karst region’s many cave systems, Postojna Cave is Slovenia’s most-visited tourist attraction and the largest cave in the country.
Board the mini-train and travel into the depths of the 13-mile network, and then, with one of the cave's guides, set off on foot to explore its eerie caverns. Admire the otherworldly stalactites, stalagmites and rock formations, and discover how the caves were created. Hear, too, how the cave is home to some 100 different animal species, including the blind salamanders, known as ‘human fish,’ that live in its underground rivers.
Following your 1.5-hour tour, head back above ground and travel back to Ljubljana, where your tour concludes with a drop-off at your hotel.
- Professional English speaking guide
- Transport with air-conditioned minivan
- Admission to Postojna Cave
- Admission to Predjama Castle
- Gratuities (optional)
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• Guests are recommended to wear comfortable shoes and warm clothes as the temperature in Postojna Cave is constant 8°C.