Enjoy a unique experience with this full day tour, which will take you to the off-the-beaten-path Paestum, to visit a mozzarella farm and taste the real buffalo-milk mozzarella and the exceptional Greek Temples.
What to Expect
Leave the hotel by coach to Paestum, the capital of the buffalo mozzarella cheese. Visit to the wonderful bufalara, so learn how they grow milky buffalos: you will be invited to see the complete process to make the mozzarella. Do not miss the chance to taste under the groves the real mozzarella, just done by expert hands.
After the visit continuation to the archaeological site: Paestum has been for a thousand years a romantic ruin in the midst of a solemn wilderness. Its Doric temples, hardly surpassed even by those of Athens in noble simplicity and good preservation, produce an incomparable effect of majesty and grandeur. The ancient site is set in a grassy field surrounded by gardens and hills. Although the site is small, it's so charming that you may want to spend time just relaxing here. and to the exceptional museum, that holds finds excavated from the site and around, including a set of archaic period Greek metopes. Here you will find the tomb paintings, one of which, the so-called "Tomb of the Diver", is a graceful and expressively naturalistic piece of work, the only existing example of Greek wall painting in Italy. Free time for optional lunch (not included) Return to the hotel in the afternoon.
- Full day GT coach
- Full day English speaking licensed guide
- Mozzarella farm visit and Mozzarella tasting
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees
- Optional meal
- Personal shopping (payable locally)
Know Before You Go
• Customers under 18 years of age are entitled to free admission to state archaeological sites and museums if they show a valid identity document
• Customers aged between 18 and 25 are entitled to a 50% discount on entrance fees if they show a valid identity document
• Excursions may operate in 2 languages: the languages may vary depending on the daily demand
• Please bring flat comfortable shoes for walking, sun cream, bottle of water, umbrella and a jumper, camera, money for extras, optional meals, and entrance fees (not included) and your passports in order to get free admittance to state museums/excavation sites.