Explore historic Porto on a 4-hour Segway tour and see dozens of landmark monuments and districts such as the Clérigos Tower, Luis I Bridge, Cathedral, and more. Ride the self-balancing vehicle around the Miragaia, site of the ancient city walls.
What to Expect
Explore Porto from the vantage point of a self-balancing Segway on this 4-hour tour, and glide along historic streets to see the city’s main attractions.
After a brief training session on the self-balancing vehicles, follow your guide from Praça da Ribeira, part of the city’s UNESCO World Heritage district, and head towards the Miragaia neighborhood; location of Porto’s ancient walls.
As you tour, your guide will describe Porto’s origin as a pre-Roman settlement, talk about Roman times, and how Portugal was reconquered from the Moors in 868, restoring the city of Portucale.
See attractions such as Clérigos Tower, the bell tower of the Baroque Igreja dos Clérigos (Church of the Clergymen); once Portugal’s tallest structure.
Go past the Belle Epoque Café Majestic, one of the city’s most loved teahouses, see the metal span of Dom Luis Bridge over the River Douro, and admire the magnificent Romanesque Cathedral (Sé do Porto), towering over the city’s historical center point.
- Segway equipment, including helmets, raincoats etc.
- Segway training
- Official guide, with certified medical emergency course, civil responsibility and personal accident insurance
- Local taxes and fees
- Water, coffee and Nata (pastry)
What's Not Included
- Other food and beverages
Ribeira Square (Local Name: Cube Square)
What to Remember
• Booking in advance is mandatory
• Please contact supplier for groups of more than 10 participants
• You must be over 14 years old to ride a Segway. Under 18 year olds must be accompanied by an adult
• Participants must weigh a minimum of 100 pounds and not exceed 260 pounds (45-118 kilograms)
• Pregnant women may not participate in this activity
• Up to 3 working days before the beginning of the activity: full refund
• Under 3 working days before the beginning of the activity or no-show: no refund