Experience the scenic landscapes of the Douro Valley on a full-day cruise down the Douro River. Transfer to the “wine capital” of Régua by train, and then marvel at the vineyards that produce wines from one of Europe’s first demarcated wine lands.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Porto for the day, and enjoy the peace and quiet of the Douro Valley and historic vineyards of the Norte Region of Portugal.
Depart Porto at 08:30, traveling by train to Régua from S. Bento Railway Station. Admire the traditional tiles of the station’s interior before the train departs. Then, upon arrival at Régua, explore one of the oldest demarcated wine regions in the world.
Return to Porto along the Douro River, sailing from Régua Quay at 11:30. Glide gently past the terraced vineyards of the Douro Valley, and experience the purity of nature. Lunch will be served on board the boat at approximately 12:00.
Sail to the Carrapatelo Dam, and continue to the Crestuma-Lever. After crossing the 2 dams, enjoy the serenity of the Douro River as you continue to Porto for an estimated arrival at 18:00.
- River Douro cruise
- Return train (or bus) ticket
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the cruise is subject to availability, weather, and sailing conditions
• The program can change without any prior notice
• In the event that there are problems with the train, the transfer will be by bus
• Please note that you need to print your GetYourGuide voucher for this activity.