Discover the Portuguese natural treasure — the Peneda-Gerês Park. Embrace your adventurous side and hike in the mountains, swim in lagoons and visit isolated villages.
What to Expect
Explore one of the most unknown treasures in Portugal and discover the nature of Gerês-National Park during a small group tour.
Leave your accommodation in Porto in the morning and travel to the Gerês National Park in an air-conditioned Land Rover. After around 90 minutes, arrive to the heart of Gerês. Imagine fantastic green lagoons where you can swim and relax, hear the sound of the waterfalls and see amazing rainbows.
Visit the old village of Ermida, where you will meet the locals and enjoy a traditional Portuguese lunch with local green wine (included).
Continue to one of the most beautiful and unknown lagoons in Gerês National Park: the blue lagoon. Explore remote areas of the park and enjoy the breathtaking valley; during your exploration, hike to see the wild horses (Garranos).
End your visit to Gerês at one of the most impressive viewpoints in the region.
After a full day enjoying the best spots of Gerês National Park, relax on the trip back to your Porto or Braga accommodation, arriving in the early evening.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in Porto and Braga
- Guide and transportation in 4X4 Land Rover
- Personal insurance
- Traditional Portuguese lunch
- Photos and videos
- Contribution to the local associations that help to preserve nature and culture of villages located in National Park's area
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please bring swimming gear, a towel, and comfortable walking shoes and clothes. • Sunscreen is recommended
• The tour can be cancelled due to severe weather conditions (i.e. severe rain, snow or thunderstorms)
• The tour is not wheelchair accessible