Follow in the footsteps of the wine merchants of Portugal on a classic 50-minute “Six Bridges” cruise of Porto. Sail down the River Douro along the route of the old “Rabello Boats” that served Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia. Reach the Foz do Douro, and more.
What to Expect
Enjoy a traditional “6 Bridges Cruise” along the River Douro and follow in the footsteps of the old wine merchants that transported wine from the valley to the wine cellars.
Board the boat at Ribeira Quay and sail for 50 minutes along the river. Admire the beautiful landscapes and buildings of Ribeira and Vila Nova de Gaia from the water. Known as "Rabelo Boats," in reference to the old boats that transported wine from the Douro Valley, the cruise is the perfect chance to learn more about the historic bridges that connect Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia.
Learn more about their construction and curiosities, and upon arrival at the last bridge, see the Foz do Douro were the river pours into the ocean.
- 50-minute cruise along the River Douro
What's Not Included
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The cruise operates hourly
• Changes to your tour are subject to availability. To change your tour, please call the local tour operator
• Please note that you must print your voucher for check-in for this cruise