Discover the scenic landscapes and vineyards of the Douro Valley on a full-day boat cruise from Porto. Depart from Cais da Estiva in Porto, and sail to Régua. Pass the vineyards of the Alto Douro, and the impressive dams of Crestuma and Carrapatelo.
What to Expect
Enjoy a full-day cruise from Porto to the Douro Valley, and enjoy views of the wineries of the Alto Douro Wine Region. Depart from Cais da Estiva in the Ribeira of Porto early in the day, and enjoy an on-board breakfast as you sail.
Marvel at the scenery of the Rio Douro as you head into the UNESCO-inscribed wine region of the Alto Douro Wine Region. Admire the land that has been producing wine for 2,000 years, producing a landscape of terraces, wine farms and roads that has been molded by human endeavor over the centuries.
Reach the Crestuma-Lever Dam, built between 1976 and 1985, and a marvel of modern engineering. Continue to the Carrapatelo Dam, a concrete gravity dam of impressive heights (and even more inspiring than the last dam).
You will reach Régua at approximately 15:00, where you will take a return train to Porto at around 17:00. Arrive at Sao Bento Station in Porto at around 18:50 for the end of the tour services.
- Douro River cruise
- Return ticket (train or bus)
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the cruise is subject to availability, weather and sailing conditions
• The program can change without prior notice
• In the event that there are problems with the train, the return transfer will be by bus
• Please note that the exact meeting point will be confirmed and advised by the operator after the booking is confirmed
• Please note that you need to print your GetYourGuide voucher for this activity.