Visit some of the most important locations in Minho region: Barcelos & Ponte de Lima on a day tour from Porto. These charming locations in the North of Portugal are known by their history and culture.
What to Expect
After pick up at accommodations the tour will start with a visit to Barcelos. Here, the main highlights are Medieval bridge, City walls (rest of it), Parish church, Temple of Bom Jesus da Cruz, traditional market (only on Thursday), the interpretative center of Barcelos rooster, the pottery museum, the history of Barcelos rooster and the connection to Santiago the Compostela way.
This tour includes a lunch in a local restaurant (Barcelos). After lunch, the next stop is Ponte de Lima. Here riverside walk must be done, because of it natural beauty and views. The highlight points are the Medieval bridge, Prison tower, Plátanos garden; Parish church, statue of Lethes river and tribute statue to the artists, poets and peasants.
This two locations (Barcelos and Ponte de Lima) provides to visitors, a walk into the pass and great views over their rivers, the Cávado (Barcelos) and Lima (Ponte de Lima). After all this, the visitors should have a general knowledge of Barcelos and Ponte de Lima and the existing connection between these two locations.
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Know Before You Go
• Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
• Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• A maximum of 6 people per booking
• For more than 6 persons, please contact the operator
• A small amount of walking is involved
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately