From Poole: Steam Train and Sea Cruise Adventure
- Marvel at the Jurassic Coast and Old Harry's Rock
- Experience centuries of British history in Swanage
- Take a steam-train journey towards museums and castle ruins
Marvel at Sandbanks, the Dorset peninsula which has some of the world’s most expensive property on its golden shores. Cruise by Brownsea Island, the largest island in Poole's Harbour. Head on towards Old Harry's Rock, part of the picturesque chalk formations for which the Jurassic Coast is famous.
As you arrive at Swanage, you’ll disembark the boat and head towards the town. Explore the area, grabbing a bite or coffee if you so desire. Stroll towards the Swanage Railway Station, where you’ll take a journey back in time by boarding an authentic steam locomotive.
Aboard the steam train, you’ll head towards either Corfe Castle or Norden, where you can wander amongst massive castle ruins, or avail yourself of free museums in the area. Afterwards, you’ll hop back on the train to Swanage, where you’ll take the return cruise back to Poole.
- Live commentary on board
- Round-trip cruise form Poole to Swanage
- Steam train ticket from Swanage Railyway Station
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The Quay, Poole BH15 1BQ, UK. Nearest Car Park: quay visitors multi-story car park is only around the corner. Address: Old Orchard, Poole BH15 1SB. Please arrive at the pier 15 minutes prior to departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users
• To receive a full refund, travelers may cancel up to 24 hours before the experience start date in the local timezone; no refunds will be given after that time period