Pilsner Urquell Brewery & Nižbork Glasswork Tour with Lunch
Pickup optionalPlease wait in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Visit Ruckl, the famous Czech glassworks founded in 1903, and visit the factory store
- Drive through the idyllic town of Nizbor and the beautiful landscapes of Český Kras
- Sample the most famous Czech beer in a brewery operating since 1842
- Try fresh Pilsner beer tapped directly from the barrels in the brewery cellars
- Enjoy a traditional Czech lunch with beer or wine in the Pilsen brewery
Meet the group in Prague 2 or arrange hotel pick up and set off in an air-conditioned van to the idyllic town of Nižbor. Here, visit a small family glassworks, one of the most famous in Bohemia. Since 1903, the Ruckel family have been blowing, grinding, and polishing beautiful glass pieces. However, the art of glassmaking goes back much further, all the way to the 17th-century when craftsmen honed their skills and passed them down through the generations. Learn about the glass-blowing process on a 1-hour tour before stopping by the factory shop for the chance to purchase your own authentic piece.
Next, head to the famous Czech brewery in Pilsen. Since 1842 the iconic Pilsner Urquell beer has been brewed here and you will learn everything about its history and brewing process on a 1.5-hour guided tour. Hop on the brewery bus in the Visitors' Center and see one of the most modern bottling plants with a capacity of 120,000 bottles per hour. Learn about the ingredients from which Pilsner Urquell beer is brewed and visit the heart of the brewery – three brewhouses from different historical periods. Taste unfiltered and unpasteurized Pilsner Urquell tapped directly from the lager barrels in the historical cellars.
After the tour, enjoy a traditional Czech lunch in an underground restaurant right in the brewery. The space was previously used for fermentation of beer and its dimensions will literally take your breath away. Of course, the local pale lager is served with lunch, but you may also choose wine or another legendary Czech beer, dark lager Kozel. Return to Prague after lunch at approximately 4:00 PM.
- Entry to the glasswork
- Entry to Pilsner Urquell brewery
- 3-course lunch with Czech beer and/or wine
- Transfer to Nižbork and the brewery
- Bottled water on board
- Extra drinks
- Pick up and drop-off service (8 EUR/person each way)
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet the group at the Hezky Česky Bistro in Prague 2. The bistro is located just 5 minutes from the metro station Náměstí Míru (line A - green one). You can also reach Náměstí Míru by tram 22, 13, 16, 4 and 10.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please be aware that the local partner can accommodate either vegetarian or cheese-free requirements, but cannot accommodate both requirements at the same time
• The local partner will be more than happy to give additional travel tips about Prague and the Czech Republic