Our PADI Open Water Course is an entry level scuba diving course. Through our course you will progress from diving in pools to diving in the Playa del Carmen reef. You will start as a beginner and finish a certified diver.
What to Expect
The PADI Open Water Diver course is an entry-level scuba diving course. The certification is recognized worldwide and valid for life, to a maximum depth of 18 meters / 60 feet.
The course begins with one of our PADI Instructor taking you through the basics of scuba diving. You will start in a pool or pool-like conditions and progress to Playa Del Carmen Reef. This is a fantastic place for your first four open water dives.
Many other dive companies try to rush you through your course as fast as they can. This will never happen with us - "We will spend as much time with you as it takes to make you comfortable underwater"
Mexico Blue Dream caters to the individual, not to the large groups, so our schedules tend to be quite flexible.
- 5 knowledge development sessions (as per PADI standards)
- 5 confined open water skills session (as per PADI standards)
- 4 Open Water dives (as per PADI standards)
- New, fully functioning, high-quality diving gear
- Bottled water
- Instruction from qualified, friendly PADI Diving Instructors
- Boat transfer on a spacious and fully equipped boat
- A small group of students, ensuring personalized attention
- PADI certification card
What's Not Included
- Transportation to Dive Center
- Private instructor (available at extra charge)
- Learning material (manual, logbook, slates) $70 USD
Know Before You Go
There are pre-requisites for a PADI Open Water course:
• You must be 10 years or older.
• You must be comfortable in the water and have basic swimming skills.
• You should be in good overall health to dive, particularly in terms of your respiratory and circulatory systems. You will be asked to self-certify before starting your PADI Open Water Course.
• You will need to complete the required PADI forms.
• Please note that, in compliance with recognized diving safety standards, you must wait a minimum of 18 hours free after diving before flying on a plane.