Deep beneath Mexican soil lies an ancient Mayan cave of meandering rivers and dramatic rock formations, just waiting for your discovery. Rio Secreto tours are led by an experienced guide, and include lunch and air-conditioned transport.
What to Expect
Be immersed in an ancient world of stalactites and stalagmites. Roam the labyrinths of dramatic rock formations and tranquil waters. The Rio Secreto (Secret River) is a hidden underground network of rivers and caves.
An air-conditioned mini-van collects you from your hotel from 7:20 and takes you to Rio Secreto. Here you will meet your expertly trained guide and receive a wetsuit, wet shoes, a lamp and a helmet to get you ready for your adventure.
From here, enter the caves, where for 600 meters you will be free to walk, swim and enjoy the enchanting beauty of your surroundings with the supervision of your guide. Furthermore, with a maximum of 10 people per tour, you can be ensured a quiet tour experience free from outside distractions. The tours in Rio Secreto are organized so that no two tours happening at the same time will meet underground.
After approximately 1.5 hours you will be taken back to ground level and treated to a light lunch of delicious local food. Choose the green salsa if your taste buds like it hot! This is a chance for you to relax amongst the serene jungle habitat and reflect upon your experience in the caves. After this you may wash and change before being transported back to your hotel.
- Round-trip air-conditioned transportation from your hotel
- Wet suit, life jacket, helmet, wet shoes, lamp
- Light lunch
- Towels, bathrooms, showers, hammocks
What's Not Included
Know Before You Go
• The tour is organized for small groups of up to 10 people, for adults and children at least 4 years old.
• Participants must be able to walk without assistance and weigh less than 120 kg/250Ibs.
• The following items must be kept inside the lockers provided: hats, glasses, sandals that are not secured at the ankle, watches, jewelry, cameras, band-aids, backpacks and handbags.
•You must reconfirm your tour at least 48 hours in advance
• All nature reserve programs operate in all weathers, therefore no refunds wil be given due to poor weather conditions.
• Changes in the time or date of the tour will have no cost whatsoever, subject to availability. If you wish to make a change in your reservation, personally contact the reservations center 48 hours prior to the tour date, since the tour cannot accept instructions from third parties, hotels, travel agencies or car rental agencies.