From Cozumel: Amazing Underground River Guided Tour
- Explore an unbelievable cavern, filled with stalagmites and stalactites
- Splash into a cenote to start your adventure in the caves
- Learn the importance and the history of the cavern from your knowledgable guide
Once you’ve reached the heart of the jungle, get suited-up for your adventure. Choose to either climb down the ladder or splash straight into the cenote within the cavern. Swim across the cenote and through the dark tunnels which connect the subterranean waters. As you delve deep into this underground world, your guide will point out the cavern’s many fascinating features. Explore the unbelievable cavern and admire the stalagmites and stalactites which took more than 65 million years to form.
After your tour, enjoy a Mexican snack and refreshing beverage before returning to Cozumel.
- Round-trip Ferry transportation (Cozumel-Playa del Carmen-Cozumel)
- Ground Transportation (only in Playa del Carmen)
- English-speaking tour guide
- Underground river entrance fee
- Bottled water & light Snack
- Neoprene wetsuit
- Water shoes
- Snorkeling gear
- Full lunch
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Avenida Rafael E. Melgar S/N Interior del Muelle Fiscal, Centro, 77600 San Miguel de Cozumel, Q.R., Mexico Meet in front of the golden swallows. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure time at Cozumel Fiscal Pier.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Change of clothes
- Comfortable clothes
- Long-sleeved shirt
● Please note, the use of a life vest during the snorkeling activity is mandatory. No exception.
● All participants must sign a liability waiver.
• Please note that the local partner is committed to protecting the ocean environment and the Caribbean’s vast coral reefs. Therefore, the use of any type of sunscreen, sunblock, or suntan lotion which could eventually make its way into the ocean is not allowed. All guests must shower before entering any rivers, cenotes or the ocean. We suggest the use of long-sleeved UV-filtering shirts, hats, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun. Coral, fish and all other sea creatures thank you for your cooperation.