Our Cenotes / Cavern diving Tour takes you diving in the underground world of Cenotes. In some parts the water is so clear you will be able to see 500 feet in front of you. We call them windows to the world’s largest underground river system.
What to Expect
Our Cenotes / Cavern diving Tour takes you diving into the underground world of Cenotes.
The Yucatan Peninsula is famous for its unique underground conditions. Its limestone soil has percolated rainwater over millions of years to give place to the world’s longest underground river system. Parts of the surface land have collapsed over the years creating sinkholes called Cenotes.
Diving in a Cenote is a unique experience. Their water has over 500 feet / 150 meters visibility and in some Cenotes it is possible to see beautiful stalactites and stalagmites and amazing light effects. In larger Cenotes, it is possible to see several fish species.
This will be an experience you will never forget.
- Round trip transportation from the dive shop in Playa Del Carmen to the Cenotes
- Entrance Fee to the Cenotes Park
- Two cavern dives on two different lines
- Rental of flashlights
- Tanks and weights
- Bottled water
- Full lunch in a traditional restaurant
- Qualified, friendly Full Cave Certified Guides
- A small group of divers, ensuring personalized attention
What's Not Included
- Rental of our new, fully functioning, high-quality diving gear $15 USD
- Transportation to Dive Center
- Private guide (available at extra charge)
- Photos and Souvenirs
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
There are pre-requisites for Cavern Diving:
• You should be certified with at least an open water certification.
• You should be in good overall health to dive, particularly in terms of your respiratory and circulatory systems. You will be asked to self-certify before going on the dive.
• You will need to complete the required PADI forms.
• Please note that, in compliance with recognized diving safety standards, you must wait a minimum of 18 hours free after diving before flying on a plane.