Break your transfer from the Arenal Volcano area of Costa Rica to the beaches of Guanacaste with a thrilling 2.5-hour white water rafting adventure on the class 3-4 rapids of the Rio Tenorio. Get expert guidance from rafting guides, and more.
What to Expect
Ride the class 3-4 rapids of the River Tenorio in Guanacaste Province during a full-day transfer from La Fortuna and Monteverde in the Arenal Volcano area. Following a pick-up from your hotel, drive the scenic roads along Lake Arenal, and enjoy views of the volcano before heading towards Guanacaste Province.
Upon arrival in the isolated backroads of Guanacaste, transfer by 4WD vehicle to the Rio Tenorio. The local supplier has arranged a public river entrance with government approval as part of their “People + Planet = Prosperity” project.
Here, rafting guides will kit you out with all necessary equipment and brief you on safety regulations. Then, raft the rapids of the river on a 2.5-hour adventure, taking in views of the impressive canyon along the way. Enjoy more than 20 exciting rapids of churning water, breaking for fruit snacks.
Hike to a waterfall, looking for local wildlife such as iguanas, tropical birds and monkeys. End your adventure with an exciting 10-foot waterfall drop!
Return to the private Desafío river exit, and hike to a waiting 4WD vehicle for the drive out of the unspoiled region of Costa Rica. After a delicious lunch, freshen up in the changing rooms and transfer to Guanacaste Beach in time for a glorious sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
- Transfers from the Arenal Volcano area
- Rafting adventure on the Rio Tenorio
- Raft guides
- Fruit snacks
- Transfer to Guanacaste Beach hotels
Know Before You Go
• Tours run rain or shine. For reasons beyond the suppliers control, this tour may change to a more suitable adventure with equal or similar rafting difficulty and appeal. The local supplier reserves the right to cancel due to unsafe conditions
• Private tours are available on request
• A photographer will accompany each tour, and CDs of your adventure are available for USD 30
• Ask about rafting trips that include the “Enviro-tainment Programs” for kids
• Transfers from Guanacaste Beach are available, with a meeting point along the Pan-American Highway, prior to the transfer to the river