Explore the volcano on a guided hike. Head off the beaten track to the Bory and Dolomieu craters. Important: Hike reserved for good hikers, with a good fit and accustomed to technical terrain.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 7 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at the "Pas de Bellecombe" parking lot.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Sun hat
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- Packed lunch
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Trekking gear
- Sandals or flip flops
Know before you go
- Good physical condition is required for this 7.5-hours technical hike. We will evolve on chaotic terrain, requiring good endurance and good balance.
- Children: We move throughout the course at an altitude of over 2000 m, so it can get very cold at the volcano and the weather conditions can change very quickly (rain, fog, wind ...). Young hikers, like adults, should be prepared for a demanding hike.
- Hiking sticks are recommended for this hike
- Recommended minimum age: 12 years old
- We cannot accept minors under the age of 18 unaccompanied by an adult.
- A good understanding of French is required to take part in this activity.