From Pisa: Florence and Chianti Roads Wine Tasting TourProduct ID: 68377
From US$80.62 per personBook now
- Take a 1.5-hour guided tour of the "Cradle of the Renaissance"
- Visit a famous wine estate and explore the cellars before a wine tasting
- See the impressive fortress of Monteriggioni
Learn all the facts and secrets of the city’s 2,000-year history and hear about its Roman origins. Admire a 15th-century palace before going to the Ponte Vecchio over the River Arno. Marvel at the famous courtyards of the Uffizi Gallery before taking in the architectural splendor of Brunelleschi’s Dome. Get a stunning view of the Baptistery’s golden Gates of Paradise.
Get a better understanding and appreciation about the background and context of the city’s place in history. Then, enjoy a lunch of pizza or pasta (drinks included) before heading to the scenic Chianti wine region. Venture into the rolling hills of Tuscany on a 5-hour sightseeing tour. Visit a charming Chianti wine estate and take a guided tour of the cellars.
Learn about the various stages of wine production, and then take a seat for a tasting of the various wines produced at the winery. Pair your wines with samples of sliced cured meats, bruschetta and salami.
Next, visit the characteristic fortress of Monteriggioni, where you can stop for a coffee or gelato. Immerse yourself in the picturesque scenery of gently rolling hills studded with ancient vineyards and cypress trees. Mentioned in Dante Alighieri’s “Divine Comedy,” Monteriggioni is also home to some of the best-preserved city walls in Italy.
- Shuttle service from Pisa to Florence and back
- Guided walking tour of Florence
- Earphones for groups of more than 15 participants (Florence walking tour)
- Aperitif and lunch
- Transportation by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Wine, oil and balsamic vinegar tasting
- Snack with sliced cold meat and typical salami
- Tips and gratuities
Go to the Tourist Office, 7 Piazza del Duomo, Pisa to take the 09:30 shuttle service to Santa Maria Novella Train Station, Florence. Once in Florence, meet your tour leader at the My Tour office, Via Martelli, 33 Red at the scheduled time. (Open in Google Maps)
• Earphones will be provided for the morning walking tour of Florence only for groups of more than 15 participants
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
Product ID: 68377