Explore the marble quarries of Carrara in a 4x4 off-road vehicle on this half-day tour from Pisa. Marvel at the spectacular scenery, learn more about excavating the quarries and experience the unique flavor of Lardo di Colonnata.
What to Expect
Visiting the Carrara marble quarries by 4x4 vehicle is an unforgettable experience. Enjoy the charm of exclusive places otherwise inaccessible for visitors on their own.
Top-quality off-road vehicles driven by expert staff will lead you to an altitude of 900 meters, where you can enjoy breathtaking scenery. You’ll also be given detailed explanations about both ancient and modern excavation methods with direct contact with quarry men during work days, while cutting marble or loading huge blocks on trucks.
These are the caves that produced the pure white marble that gave birth to many Italian art masterpieces, including Michelangelo's David. After the guided tour of the marble quarries you have a short break, during which you can taste the unique flavor of the Lardo di Colonnata. Then you will reach an altitude of 1200 meters, where you will admire an incredible view of the surrounding panorama.
- Free pick-up on request
- Travel by coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual guide
- Guided visit of the Carrara marble quarries
- Lardo di Colonnata tasting
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• It is recommended that you bring hiking boots, a backpack with multiple pockets and sunscreen
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
• Please note that tours in French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese are guaranteed with a minimum of 4 participants