Explore the highest mountains on Madeira on a self-guided sunrise hike. Enjoy a convenient transfer from your Funchal hotel to the start of the trail and get picked up and driven back at the end.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 8.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Host or greeter
- English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Pickup included
- Pickup and drop-off are available from the following areas: Funchal, Câmara de Lobos, and Caniço. The day before, you will be contacted by the organizer by WhatsApp in order to confirm the pickup details and your pickup location. On the day of the pickup, please be waiting outside for the driver 5 minutes before the scheduled pickup time. The starting time on your tickets and on the webpage is an average time. Since this is a shared transfer, the pickup time will depend on everyone's location
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Weather conditions are very unpredictable in this part of the island. Therefore, your reservation could be canceled or postponed in the event of bad weather
- Hike information: Distance: 10km, elevation gain: 1862 m/1540 m
- Due to this, being able to watch the sunrise is not guaranteed
- This experience involves some strenuous physical activity