Get off the usual tourist path in Phuket and discover a hidden side to city on a half-day walking tour. Admire Sino-Portuguese architecture, savor the aroma of local eateries and end with a dinner that brings the best out of the destination.
What to Expect
Following pick-up from your Phuket hotel at approximately 15:30, head inland towards Phuket Town. Explore the main city of the island with a friendly guide.
The capital of Thailand's only island province is worth visiting for its shops, restaurants and the fine examples of Indo-Portuguese mansions built by Chinese tin and rubber barons in the last century. It was the Chinese residents of Malaysia who first settled Phuket, drawn by lucrative mineral deposits. The tin and rubber fortunes helped form the great Sino-Thai dynasties that still dominate the economies of southern Thailand today.
You will wander through the Sino-Portuguese center to admire the architecture and historic buildings of its side streets, many crafted in accordance to old and still-practiced methods. Hear many stories about the history and design of Phuket Town from your informative guide.
Discover a melting pot of side street eateries and food stalls and visit an old Chinese temple. Then, end the evening with a delicious dinner at the top of Rang Hill (Khao Rang). After this feast for your eyes and taste buds, transfer back to your hotel for an estimated drop off at 20:30.
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel in Phuket
- English-speaking guide
- Set Thai dinner at a local restaurant
- Entrance and donation fees as indicated in the program
- All taxes and service fees included
What's Not Included
- Other entrance fees
- Meals (breakfast and/or lunch) and drinks
- Shopping and other expenses (unless otherwise stated)
- Hotel accommodation in Phuket
- Tips and gratuities
Know Before You Go
• Please note that this tour operates in the late afternoon and includes dinner at a local restaurant
• Please wear good walking shoes as this is mainly a walking tour