Travel part way round the lake in our luxury private Lexus/minivan to meet-up with the Tonle Sap River or the Mekong River (depending on weather conditions) and board a luxury cruiser, the Mekong Tara Prince and cruise down the river to Phnom Penh.
What to Expect
Water travel from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh has always been difficult due to the ever changing water levels on the Tonle Sap Lake, even in the wet season when the water levels are high enough you have other issues, such as storms on the lake that can make the crossing treacherous. Also the sheer boredom of crossing the lake as there is nothing to see apart from vast swathes of water.
Overcome these issues with this cruise by traveling part way round the lake in a luxury private Lexus/minivan to meet up with the Tonle Sap River or the Mekong River (depending on weather conditions) and board a luxury special designed double-hulled cruiser, the Mekong Tara Prince (once owned by the Prince of Cambodia) and cruise down the beautiful Tonle Sap River or Mekong River to Phnom Penh.
This way you get to see the awesome river and rural life on the river together with rural life on land. The best of both worlds without the boredom.
You will be picked-up from your Hotels or Guesthouses in Siem Reap at 8.00 am before being transferred by luxury private air-conditioned Lexus/minivan to Prek Kdam on the Tonle Sap River or Roka Kaong on the Mekong River, taking in the stunning scenery as you drive through pristine Cambodian countryside and through traditional rural villages.
Upon arrival at the Mekong Tara Prince guests will be welcomed aboard by our cruise manager and will receive a welcome drink. Lunch will be served on board, consisting of a BBQ buffet and free drinks, as you cruise along the river South towards Phnom Penh. Seeing life along the river is an amazing experience and our special vessel has a unique double hull which allows us to travel closer to the riverbanks and also explore the narrow waterways on route.
Arrival at Phnom Penh dock at approx 5:30 pm and transfer to your Hotel or Guesthouse.
- All fees and taxes
- Unlimited bottled water and soft drinks
- 2 Alcoholic drinks
- BBQ buffet lunch
- Fresh seasonal fruits
- Local professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Sightseeing cruise
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned minivan
What's Not Included
- Additional alcoholic drinks, available to purchase from the fully-stocked bar at special prices
- Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum drinking age is 18 years
• A vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability