Cruise up the river from Phnom Penh to Prek Kdam or Roka Kaong (depending on weather conditions) in a luxury cruiser, the Mekong Tara Prince. Then transfer to a luxury, private ,air-conditioned Lexus/minivan to travel around the lake to Siem Reap.
What to Expect
Water travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap has always been difficult due to the ever changing water levels on the Tonle Sap Lake, even in the wet season when the water levels are high enough you have other issues, such as storms on the lake that can make the crossing treacherous. Also the sheer boredom of crossing the lake as there is nothing to see apart from vast swathes of water.
Overcome these issues by using a luxury special designed double hulled cruiser, the Mekong Tara Prince (once owned by the Prince of Cambodia) to cruise up the beautiful Tonle Sap River to Prek Kdam or the Mekong River to Roka Kaong (depending on weather conditions). Once there, transfer to a luxury private, air-conditioned Lexus/minivan to travel around the Lake to Siem Reap.
This way you get to see the awesome river and rural life on the river together with rural life on land. The best of both worlds without the boredom.
You will be picked up from you Hotel or Guesthouses in Phnom Penh at 7.00 am before being transferred to the Mekong Tara Prince in Phnom Penh dock. Upon arrival at the Mekong Tara Prince guests will be welcomed with a free drink by your cruise manager.
Lunch will be served on board, consisting of a BBQ buffet and free drinks, as you cruise along the river North towards Siem Reap. Seeing life along the river is an amazing experience and our special vessel has a unique double hull which allows us to travel closer to the riverbanks and also explore the narrow waterways on route.
On arrival at Prek Kdam or Roka Kaong guests will be met by a luxury private, air-conditioned Lexus/minivan and transferred to Siem Reap, taking in the stunning scenery as you drive through pristine Cambodian countryside and through traditional rural villages.
Arrive at Siem Reap around 4:30pm and transfer back to your Hotel or Guesthouse.
- All fees and taxes
- Unlimited bottled water and soft drinks
- 2 Alcoholic drinks
- BBQ buffet lunch
- Fresh seasonal fruits
- Local professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Sightseeing cruise
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned minivan
What's Not Included
- Additional alcoholic drinks, available to purchase from a fully-stocked bar at special prices
Know Before You Go
• You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum drinking age is 18 years
• A vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• This cruise operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability