Phnom Penh's Past - Small Group TourProduct ID: 3077
From US$55 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePlease take a note that due to possible traffic congestion, the pick up time will be between 08:00 to 08:45.
- Explore Phnom Penh’s recent tragic history.
- Visit to Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and Choeung Ek bone pagoda.
- Explore the Cambodia of the past and present with a local guide who lived through the Khmer Rouge era.
- Explore local politics.
- Drop into a local market to experience interesting and delicious Khmer snacks.
You will be picked up from centrally located hotels between 8.00 and 8.30am.
The day starts by learning about the tragic and fascinating recent history of Cambodia. See the location where journalists camped out in 1975 on the eve of the Khmer Rouge takeover, and the ghostly building that has been left burnt-out and bullet-holed as it stood after the war.
Confront Cambodia's tragic past, on a guided tour of the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, a former school which served as a Khmer Rouge torture centre. Then head out of the city to the Choueng Ek Memorial, where a pagoda made up of some 8,000 human skulls marks the site of one of the infamous Killing Fields.
Finish by sampling some interesting Khmer snacks and exploring how this recent history and politics continue to affect the lives of average Cambodians.
This trip is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12.
Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
If you are happy with the services provided a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Urban Adventures destinations.
- Entrance fees to Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and Choeung Ek Killing Field, English speaking guide, transport (air conditioned vehicle), Khmer snacks.
- Items of a personal nature, Tips or gratuities for drivers or guide.
Pick up and drop off at centrally located hotels in Phnom Penh. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 3077