See the highlights of Philadelphia from the unique perspective of a self-balancing Segway. The 1.5-hour tour of the Old City takes you to more than 20 major attractions of the City of Brotherly Love, including Penn’s Landing, Washington Square, and more.
What to Expect
Enjoy one of the most popular tours of Philadelphia and get fascinating historical facts about more than 20 of the city’s most sought after attractions.
Providing a perfect opportunity to get acquainted with the Old City and Waterfront districts, the 90-minute Segway tour includes a brief training session so that you will feel comfortable riding your unique self-balancing vehicle. Once you are comfortable, glide off to explore how America was formed on the very streets where the Founding Fathers of the United States met and planned the Declaration of Independence and American Constitution.
Some of the sites you will see include the Liberty Bell and home of Betsy Ross, said to have designed and sewed the first American flag. Swoop down leafy Washington Square, see some of the city’s noted street murals, and admire the waterfront area of Penn’s Landing.
Your guide will ensure a safe and unforgettable adventure that you can’t experience by car or through a bus window. Each tour group is kept small and intimate to ensure maximum enjoyment.
- Segway and helmet
- Segway training
- Carry bag for personal items
Independence Visitor Center, 1 North Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Know Before You Go
• Please note that once you have booked your tour and received a confirmation, you will need to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure for training
• Be sure to bring the required forms of identification, a valid driver’s license, passport, or state ID, along with at least 1 major credit card (preferably the one you used to book the tour). A charge will be placed against your credit card in conjunction with the damage waiver release should any damage be sustained to the Segway you are riding
• Please wear comfortable flat closed-toe shoes and layers of clothing appropriate for the day’s weather
• Each Segway is equipped with a tour bag large enough for a small purse, wallet, camera, water bottle, keys and personal effects
• You are advised to bring sunglasses and sunscreen