Take a day trip from Egypt to Jordan and visit the extraordinary UNESCO city of Petra. Travel by bus and boat for an exciting adventure to the city that was lost to the world for 1,000 years and see the rock temples and buildings.
What to Expect
This full-day trip from Sharm el Sheikh takes you to one of the most remarkable archaeological finds in the world. Visit the lost city of Petra, unknown to the wider world for over 1,000 years until its discovery by a Swiss explorer in 1812.
It is one of the most unusual places in the world, and one of Jordan’s most sought after destinations. Traveling by bus, you will leave early in the morning and drive for approximately 2.5 hours to Taba Dock. Take the ferry to Aqaba and on arrival in Jordan, drive another 2.5 hours to the city of Petra.
Petra is entered on foot via a narrow gorge, and once you arrive you will have time to see all the major sights, such as rock-cut Treasury, Roman Theatre, and Royal Tomb. Gaze in wonder at the many temples and treasures of the citadel, and the rocks and gorges that were carved from sandstone by the Nabataean Arabs.
A walk along Colonnade Street, passing camels and donkeys carrying visitors, brings you to the city center. It is in this area that we usually break for lunch.
Before departing Petra, get a final look at the breathtaking views of the amazing city, the biblical Mount Hor and the stunning Wadi Araba.
Return to Aqaba by bus, taking the ferry back to Taba, and a final bus trip back to your hotel in Sharm el Sheikh.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Sharm el Sheikh
- Air-conditioned transport
- English speaking guide
- All entrance fees to sights mentioned
What's Not Included
- Refreshments other than those listed above
- Optional gratuities
Know Before You Go
• Departs every Friday. Start time: 01:30. Return within 24 hours
• Dress according to the weather for the day. Please bring a sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and bottle of water if needed.
• Bring a breakfast box from your hotel
• Passport and visa needed for this trip
• 48 hours notice needed for clearance from border authorities