Marvel at Pena Palace, one of the most magnificent and recognisable tourist attractions of Portugal. The palace exemplifies the 19th century Romanticism style of architecture and stands atop a rocky peak, which is the second highest point in Sintra Hills.
About this ticket
- Cancellation policy
- This activity is non-refundable
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Ticket confirmation within 48 hours
- Once purchased, you’ll receive a booking confirmation from the activity provider.
Select participants and date
From August 29, 2022 - Please redeem your tickets at the Iron Gate (Porta Férrea) at the time indicated on the ticket, which corresponds to the Palace entry time slot. To get to Pena Palace by car from Lisbon: If driving to Sintra, take the IC19 (from Lisbon), IC30 (from Mafra) or EN9 (turning off the A5 motorway to Cascais). When you arrive in the town’s historic centre, you’ll see a vertical sign showing the way to Pena (3.5 km). GPS coordinates: 38º 47’ 16.45” N 9º 23’ 15.35” W Public transportation from Lisbon to Sintra: By train (Comboios de Portugal) – Take the Sintra Line with departure stations from Estação do Oriente, Estação do Rossio or Estação de Entrecampos. By bus from Sintra (historic centre) to National Palace of Pena: Take the Scotturb bus No. 434, which runs from the railway station to the Palace of Pena. Please note that parking lots at Pena Park Entrance are limited and have an extra cost. There are no parking lots up to the palace.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Tickets are valid for the date and time selected and you will not be able to access the palace before or after it. The GetYourGuide voucher is not your ticket and you cannot use it to access the palace. You will receive the official ticket in a separate email
- This ticket allows you to skip the line to the ticket office. You may still need to wait in line to enter the palace
- Parques de Sintra seasonal opening hours: December 24-25 and January 1 - closed all day. December 31 3:00 PM, and January 2-3: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, last admission at midday