Discover the castle that inspired Bram Stoker's novel "Dracula" on a full-day trip from Bucharest. Journey through a landscape of small houses in meadows of flowers. Visit Peleș Castle and Bran Castle and learn their amazing history.
What to Expect
Depart Bucharest and journey to Snagov Monastery, where Vlad the Impaler (the inspiration for Bram Stoker's fictional Count Dracula) is said to be buried. Continue to one of the most beautiful castles in Europe and learn the amazing story of Peleș Castle. Discover its opulent interior and beautiful gardens, where Romanian royalty used to tread.
Admire the Neo-Renaissance architecture of Peleș Castle and marvel at the surrounding mountains in a setting that will capture your heart. Throughout November, when Peleș Castle is closed, visit Pelișor Castle ("Little Peleș") instead.
Next, go to the medieval fortress of Bran Castle, often referred to as "Dracula's Castle" for its rumored links to Vlad the Impaler. Then, take a walking tour of Brașov city center, founded by Teutonic Knights in the 13th century. Along the way, benefit from lunch in a rustic setting.
Then, journey back to Bucharest at the end of the day for a drop off at your hotel or other location on arrangement.
- English-speaking guide
- Assistance during the entire tour
- Transportation by car or minivan with driver
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees for Peleș Castle and Bran Castle
- Photo/video fees for Peleș Castle and Bran Castle
- Rustic lunch
Know Before You Go
• This tour is available from Wednesday to Sunday
• Please note that Peleș Castle is closed in November and you will visit Pelișor Castle ("Little Peleș") instead