Tour 2 of Pasadena’s more unique homes that are now noted museums. Visit the Pacific Asia Museum, once the home of philanthropist and art collector Grace Nicholson. See the Gamble House as well, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
What to Expect
Pasadena, known as the Crown of the Valley, is best known for its annual Tournament of Roses Parade and the Rose Bowl college football game, but it also boasts a variety of cultural amenities, high-end shopping, and fine restaurants.
On this full-day guided tour you’ll experience its cultural side, visiting 2 of Pasadena’s historic homes that are now also museums.
You’ll see the Pacific Asia Museum, once the home of visionary philanthropist and art collector Grace Nicholson. You’ll also tour the Gamble House, the former home of David and Mary Gamble of the Procter and Gamble Company. The house is a study in American Craftsman-style architecture.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, both of these homes are architectural gems that house significant and diverse collections.
- Admission to the Pacific Asia Museum Galleries and its programs (such as lectures, events, and tours, if they coincide with the timing of your visit)
- Special gift with a purchase over USD 25 at the Pacific Asia Museum Store
- Docent tour of the Gamble House
46 N. Los Robles Avenue
Pasadena, California 91101
Know Before You Go
Pacific Asia Museum:
• open Wednesday-Sunday, 10:00-18:00
• closed 4 July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day; open Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve from 10:00-15:00
• present your voucher at the ticket counter for admission to the galleries and programs (if programs coincide with your visit)
• no photography permitted inside the museum
• reservations recommended (call 626-793-3334, extension 16 and advise that you are making a reservations through the Pasadena Cultural Traveler’s Arts & Culture Tour)
• all tours conducted by docents
• public tours conducted Thursday-Sunday, 12:00-15:00
• Pasadena Cultural Travelers may book tours at 13:00, 13:30, 14:30, and 15:00
• plan to arrive 15 minutes early as tours begin promptly
• flat shoes required (slippers provided for those in heels)