Paris: French Wine Tasting Class with Sommelier
- Learn how to identify and taste wine
- Try different samples from different regions of France
- Learn the meaning of terroir and appelation from your fun and informative sommelier
- Take a tour of the wine regions of France and see what makes them different
- Discover how to read a wine label
The venue is a few minutes walk from the Louvre, and you will taste different wines, from different regions of France. Discover the difference between the wine produce of Champagne and Bordeaux, of Sancerre and the Rhone.
With a unique and refreshing approach, your sommelier will take you through a variety of themes to build up your wine knowledge. He will teach you how Champagne is made and how to taste wine properly. He will take you through the main wine regions of France, the grapes they grow, and the style of wine they make. He will also teach you how to read a French label, and clarify concepts like terroir and appelation.
All the wine will be available for sale, plus many more other varietals, too. Just ask your sommelier. And if you want to stay on for dinner and keep on trying more wines, the O Chateau’s brand new wine bar is ready and waiting, with delicious food and 40 wines to try by the glass every day.
- 1 Champagne tasting
- 6 French wines (from 6 regions of France)
- Basket of bread
- Sommelier presentation
- Wine list
- Cheat sheet
Prepare for the activity
68 Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau in the 1st arrondissement. Get off at the metro station Louvre-Rivoli (Line 1) or Etienne Marcel (Line 4). This point is a 6-minute walk away from the Louvre.Open in Google Maps ⟶