Enjoy an exclusive guided tour of Versailles Palace and visit its beautiful royal gardens. Skip the long lines and enter through a separate entrance alongside an expert guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 1.5 hours - 135 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Live tour guide
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Select participants and date
• Check in at the GetYourGuide shop on 10 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, 78000 Versailles, located across the street from the RER line C Versailles Château Rive Gauche train station • Take the 'Avenue de Paris' exit at the train station and find the office across the street next to the Café Madeleine • Please be aware that the train from Paris to Versailles takes approximately 1 hourOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Passport or ID card for children
- Luggage or large bags
- Food and drinks
- Selfie sticks
- Weapons or sharp objects
Know before you go
- Baby strollers could be refused at the entrance of the palace
- After the tour, you are allowed to stay in the gardens until they close
- Gardens close at 5:30 PM on certain dates (August 15, October 29 and 31) and from November to March
- The palace gardens are free every day from November to March excluding Easter period. No garden tickets are needed to visit on these dates.
- There are no musical or fountain shows on days when the gardens are free. Prices have been adjusted according to the current 2023 calendar of Versailles gardens show. In case of modification, fees might be applied to enter the gardens.
- During peak times the palace can be very crowded and there may be a short wait at the group entrance
- If arriving by train, please make sure to buy an RER Paris-Versailles ticket. Paris metro tickets are not accepted
- You can bring your own headphones if you have them; standard jack, not Bluetooth